Thursday, August 23, 2018

Best LinkedIn Invitations To Connect That Get Accepted

best linkedin invitations to connect“I’d like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn”.

Contrary to what some may say, the above standard invitation to connect is not exactly the invite that entice people to connect with you on LinkedIn. Yes you will get some connections with the standard LinkedIn invite, however if you want to make an impression on people you want to connect and network with your better off taking advantage of the customized invitation feature. By writing personalized notes to people you want to connect with you will increase the probability that they will accept your invitation.

You only have 300 characters to use which should be more than enough to convey the reason why you want to connect. Before you start sending invites to connect be sure your LinkedIn page looks good. Nobody wants to connect to a profile that does not have a nice head shot and updated professional and personal information. For example, take a look at Nathan K Smith LinkedIn Profile who owns an Austin Texas commercial real estate company.

Key factors to consider when crafting your LinkedIn invitation 

Find common ground

Do you share similar interests, jobs, people, education, colleges, etc. Do a little research about them and try to find some sort of mutual interest, hobby, or connection with other people. In some cases you may not know them AT ALL or don’t have any connections in common. In those cases you need to give them a reason why they should connect with you. Are you in the same job function or industry? Do they work for a company that you would like to work for?

Add value 

Don’t just connect asking for referrals. That will come later if you do a good job of building a relationship and adding value. Look at what they do and who they are connected with. How can you add value. Can you connect them to someone you know in their industry?

Personalize every invitation

Customize your messages based on what you find in their profile. Mention something about their school, where they are from, or a certain skill set that they have.

Using flattery is a good thing

Everyone loves a compliment. If they have an awesome LinkedIn profile then TELL them. Think of ways to compliment them in a non cheesy way. For example you can compliment them about their job, company they work for, school they went to, their experience, etc.

Share your story

Tell them a little about who you are. Give them some basic info about what you do and what your skills are. If you have some common ground maybe share how your background and experience could potentially help them

Suggest next steps

So you asked for a connection now where do you go from there? How can you help them? Let them know if you would like to further the relationship. Do you want to jump on a phone call or meet for coffee. Don’t hesitate to suggest next steps after asking for an invite

Always end with a thank you

A simple thank you can go a long way when asking people to connect with you on LinkedIn

Example Custom LinkedIn Invitations to Connect 

Someone You Have Common Ground With

  • Hi John, I bumped into your profile by accident and noticed we have some common ground. Looking forward to connecting with you and networking in the future. 
    Warmest Regards
  • Hi Bob, I noticed we have some common ground and wanted to reach out.  Would love to connect with you and network in the future.
    Sincerely,
  • Hi Jeff, I look to share my personal and professional resources with like minded professionals. Please accept my invite to connect. Thanks in advance.

LinkedIn Invite to Someone You Don’t Know

  • Hi Nathan, After viewing your profile, I would be honored to have you as a 1st level connection and network with you!
    If open, here is the connection request.
  • You can also use the common ground invites above

LinkedIn Invite to an Existing Coworker

Hi Barbara, I’ve heard great things about your work, especially your negotiating skills. I hope that we get a chance to work on a project soon. Or at least get together for coffee and share some best practices. Sincerely, Nathan

LinkedIn Invite to a New Coworker

Hi Jennifer, I’m so glad you have joined our company and I look forward to working with you. If you have any questions about anything feel free to reach out. See you around the office! All the best,

LinkedIn Invite to a Former Coworker

Hi Jess, It was a pleasure to have worked with you for the last few years. Our office wouldn’t have been the same without your knack for dealing with tough clients! I’d love to hear about your new job at XYZ Company. Hope all is well,

LinkedIn Invite to Someone You Want to Work With

Hi Jenna, I saw some of the projects you did for ABC Company, and am very impressed with your work. My business is looking to work on a similar project, and your skills would be a great help. Let me know if you’re interested in working together – I can be reached at example@gmail.com

LinkedIn Invite to a Recruiter

Hi Ben, I see that you work for XYZ recruiting agency. I’m in the financial industry and have done so for the last 10 years. If you have time, I’d love to discuss my background with you and see if I might be a fit for any of your job listings. Sincerely, Nathan

LinkedIn Invite to Someone You Met at a Networking Event

Hi Beth, It was nice meeting you at the Technology Conference in Austin last week. I really enjoyed learning about what you are doing to get better at your sales presentations. – I’d like to chat even more as you perfect the process. Sincerely,

LinkedIn Invite to Someone You Casually Know

Hi It was nice meeting you at Adam’s dinner party this past weekend. If you have the time I’d love to get in touch and hear more about what you do at ABC Company. Sincerely,

LinkedIn Invite to Someone You Admire

Hi Joan, I’ve been following your work at XYZ Company for the last few months and am very impressed with what you have accomplished. I’d love to hear more about what you do. If you have some time, I would love to learn more about how you got into your current position

LinkedIn Invite to an Alumnus

Hi Wendy, I saw you graduated from Southwest Texas State. I too graduated from there in 1995. If you have time, maybe we can meet to discuss your role at ABC Company – as a fellow Sales professional I’d love to hear more about what you do.

LinkedIn Invite to Someone in the Same LinkedIn Group

Hi Rhett, I’m also a member of the Real Estate LinkedIn group and I always find your posts to be so helpful. I’d love to be able to connect here and learn more about your work. All the Best

 

No comments: